There’s nothing like a delicious smoothie that not only fills you up but helps stabilize your blood sugar, balance your hormones and is packed full of nutrients. Oh and did I mention, it’s a favourite around my household!?!?
Yep, even though it’s packed with 2 handfuls of spinach, my kids can’t seem to get enough of this delicious treat, whether it’s for a quickie breakfast or an afternoon snack ~ it’s always a hit. It’s packed with protein, fiber, healthy fats and greens (the top 4 things that every meal should include!)
Try this Chocolate Bananarama Smoothie out for yourself and let me know what you think! (My taste tester extraordinaire even named it herself!)
1-2 handfuls spinach
1 tbsp. hemp hearts
1 tbsp. ground flax
1 tbsp. almond butter
1 scoop chocolate protein powder
Cinnamon (to taste)
1 cup unsweetened cashew milk
Filtered Water (to desired consistency)
2 tsp Pranin Organic A-Z vitamins*
– Blend your spinach and your liquid first to ensure a super smoothie drink
– Use frozen avocado and/or banana to get that smoothie nice and cold
– Swap out cashew milk for nut milk of choice (i.e.. almond milk) but make sure you choose the regular unsweetened variety.
Swap outs OR Add-Ins:
– Seed cycling and in the second half? Swap out ground flax for 1 tbsp. chia seeds to still get a good dose of healthy fiber!
– Add 1/4 – 1/2 tsp Maca for that extra hormone balancing boost!
*SAVE 20% on Pranin Organics vitamins when using the code: HONESTLYNUTRITIOUS – SAVE NOW!
Brands I love:
Genuine Health Organic Fermented Chocolate Protein Powder
Manitoba Harvest Hemp Hearts
Organic Traditions Maca